Grade E Point 19-22 (£19,562 – £21,074)
37 hours per week, with no term time leave. The role will be undertaken as a split shift. The successful candidate will be required to undertake occasional overtime as required during term time, for which additional payments will be made.
The Governing Body are seeking a committed and experienced person to undertake responsibilities as a key member of the schools non-teaching team. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the oversight of the cleaning, maintenance and security of the school site.
The school is situated close to the border with Cheshire (approximately 6 miles from the historic town of Chester) and within easy reach of the North Wales coast, Liverpool and Manchester.
Application packs are available from Mrs C. Taylor (Secretary to the Headteacher) at school. Please contact on 01244 532569 for further details.
Closing date for the receipt of applications: noon Monday 17th September 2018
Shortlisting 18th September 2018
Interview: 21st September 2018
Caretaker 4.8a Caretaker with Supervision
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out a range of duties to provide for the general security and maintenance of the school premises
- To be the main key holder responsible for the security of the school premises and to assist the line manager in ensuring adequate cleaning cover is available during absences
- To undertake minor repairs within agreed levels of competency as agreed with the line manager
- To supervise cleaning staff and report any concerns to the line manager as necessary
- To be responsible for the allocation and appraisal of the work of the cleaners
- To comply with all procedures and instructions relating to school security and confidentiality
- To comply with all health and safety regulations including undertaking the necessary checks of furnishings and equipment under the direction of the line manager and to report back if there are any areas of concern
- To be responsible for the locking and unlocking of school premises (including outside of normal school hours) and for setting school security alarms as required. Responding to the security alarm or other call outs in accordance with agreed procedures
- To arrange regular checks on alarm systems and fire extinguishers and report any problems arising
- To identify and report building, furnishing or fitting deficiencies to the line manager and to undertake remedial action that may be authorised and appropriate. This may involve obtaining quotes or arranging emergency repairs form external contractors when required by the line manager
- To undertake a range of handy persons duties as directed by the line manager to contribute to the maintenance of school premises and its furnishings: e.g. minor painting and decorating duties and small scale improvements such as fitting shelves or notice boards
- To be responsible for taking the delivery of stores, good and equipment and arrange storage or distribution as required
- To report any defects to the school heating systems to the line manager and to monitor usage of electricity, water and any other fuel by taking such meter readings that may be required
- To set out and put away furniture and other equipment required for school events and undertake general porters duties as required by the line manager
- To undertake cleaning duties if and when required
- To hand in any sensitive or confidential material found to the line manager or other appropriate person for safekeeping
- To ensure that the school is clean throughout
|Experience||· Previous Caretaking or equivalent experience|
|Qualification||· None required but good attitude to work and able to undertake basic repair work to school fixtures and fittings within area of competence|
|Knowledge/Skills||· Able to work under direction· Use tools and equipment safely and efficiently
· Thoroughness and ability to work to pre-set timescales
· Work constructively as part of a team