Excell Supply are looking for confident and enthusiastic individuals to work as one to one Teaching Assistants across Conwy and surrounding areas. If you can use your initiative to work with a variety of different needs, ranging from behaviour to helping focus, and need the flexibility that supply work can offer then we would like to hear from you. Supply work can fit around your unique requirements and offer a solution for people who need to find work to fit around other commitments.
We are currently recruiting 1:1 teaching assistants to cover short-term, day-to-day positions as well as long term placements.
If you prefer the flexibility of supply working, we can provide you with opportunities to work when you want to, enabling you to fulfil other commitments. We can be fully adaptable to your changing needs.
We welcome both experienced teaching assistants, and those with the skills and ability to transition into this career.
Excell Supply is a leading education sector specialist, founded in 2011 with the ambition to be different from every other supply agency. We have continually grown over the past 8 years; and we are officially a preferred supplier of Temporary staff to all schools across Wales.
Role and responsibilties:
- To work with a named child, as directed by the class teacher and/or SENCo, to support subjects and learning across the whole curriculum
- To establish a supportive, caring and secure relationship with the child, promoting respect, self esteem and a positive attitude
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the specific academic, physical and emotional/behavioural/medical needs of the child and respond to them effectively
- Setting up classrooms, preparing resources and displays and tidying and clearing away
- Helping class teacher with other aspects of the classroom as and when required
What to expect from Excell Supply
• Excellent rates of pay
• Work that you want – we listen to your needs
• Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £100 per referral
• A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
• Opportunity for permanent positions
• Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
• Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to through employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients