We are currently recruiting for a Science Technician to work within a leading Secondary School in Chester to assist the biology, physics and chemistry departments. . This role is due to start the beginning of November.
We have immediate employment opportunities for day-to-day supply which can be full time work or part time work depending on how flexible you wish to be.
Successful applicants will be able to competently organise resources and equipment for practical work, follow written and verbal instructions, organise files and resources and replenish stock levels.
The use of chemicals and specialist equipment means that applicants must be capable of keeping an organised system of storage and adhering to all health and safety policies.
As a Science Technician, your role and responsibilities include:
• Setting up laboratories with the necessary equipment for the lesson ahead
• Checking and testing scientific equipment
• Helping the teacher with practical demonstrations Interacting with pupils
• Keeping a track on chemicals and solutions
• Organising apparatus used and making sure it is stored correctly
• Observing strict Health & Safety conditions
We are looking for the following qualities in applicants:
• A background in a school environment
• A qualification in Biology, Physics or Chemistry to a degree (or equivalent) level
What to expect from Excell Supply
• Excellent rates of pay
• Work that you want – we listen to your needs
• Recommend a Friend Scheme – earn up to £100 per referral
• A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
• Opportunity for permanent positions
• Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
• Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place.
Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days.
However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients