Excell Supply are registered to the British Institute of Recruiters and are members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, ensuring consistency and fair practice in our recruitment for both candidates and schools. In accordance with IR35 requirements all staff are paid through PAYE and have access to a pension scheme through NEST.
Our Compliance Team ensures that all staff complete the following registration process prior to their first day of work with Excell:
- Telephone Pre-Screen Interview
- Full Career History check
- CV and Application Form completed
- References Checked – minimum of 2 professional references received
- DBS Enhanced Check (Child Workforce) – Either an existing check registered on the Update Service or an Excell DBS certificate
- Identification verified by Passport/Photo ID and Proof of address checks
- Face-to-face interview with an Excell Supply Account Manager
- Completion of competency-based questionnaire, medical health check and social media policy
- Safeguarding Training completed
- Qualifications are verified
- EWC Membership confirmed (staff registering for work in Wales only)
- Confirmation of QTS (teaching staff only)
On booking a new candidate for the first time, schools will receive a candidate passport (pictured). This document provides a full summary of our compliance procedure and serve as evidence for both their own safeguarding procedures and any future Estyn/Ofsted inspection requirements.
A copy of the candidate’s DBS certificate can also be sent electronically on request, and a Candidate Profile is also available, detailing their skills and experience relevant to their registration with Excell Supply.
DBS Umbrella Service
Excell Supply is an Umbrella Body for the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and processes checks on behalf of schools, charities and businesses. We are able to process any number of DBS applications (there is no minimum order) for clients and offer a postal application process to support businesses nationwide.
Call 01978 280123 for more information on our DBS Umbrella Body service.
Excell Supply DBS Requirements
All Excell Supply staff are required to have an Enhanced DBS for the Child Workforce. Staff can apply for an Enhanced DBS as part of their registration with Excell Supply, or use an existing DBS certificate providing:
- The DBS is an enhanced certificate for the Child Workforce
- The DBS is registered onto the online Update Service
Enhanced DBS Certificates cost £44 to process, with a further £13 payable per year should you wish to register the certificate onto the Update Service. There is a 30 day period from the date of issue of a DBS certificate to register it onto the Update Service. DBS certificates that are not registered to the Update Service can not be used outside of your employment with Excell Supply.